elaine95

Enrique Hernandez Jersey

1 post w tym temacie

CHICAGO (AP) — The Boston Red Sox are making a habit of rallying for victories. No such luck this time Kenley Jansen Jersey , though.Yoan Moncada and Matt Davidson homered, prized prospect Michael Kopech combined with three relievers on a five-hitter, and the Chicago White Sox waited out a long rain delay to beat Boston 6-1 on Friday.The major league-leading Red Sox had won three in a row and trailed in each of them, including a 9-4 victory in the opener of the four-game set. They couldn’t pull this one out. And their lead in the AL Central is now 7 1/2 games over the New York Yankees, who rallied for a 7-5 win over Detroit.Moncada made it 3-0 with a two-run drive against Nathan Eovaldi (5-7) in the first inning. Davidson added a three-run shot off Tyler Thornburg in the seventh as the White Sox won for the sixth time in eight games.Eovaldi gave up three runs and three hits over two innings in losing his third straight start.“We need this guy to be good, and we know he can be good,” manager Alex Cora said. “His stuff is that good. But we’ve got to fix it. We’ve got to find something so he can be better.”In his first outing against the team that drafted him in the first round in 2014, the hard-throwing Kopech gave up one hit in three innings. He also hit two batters before a downpour with Chicago batting in the third cut his third major league start short.The game was delayed for 2 hours, 9 minutes.Dylan Covey (5-12) then tossed three-hit ball over three-plus innings. Juan Minaya gave up a run in two innings and Ian Hamilton worked the ninth.“I think we’re all pulling in the same direction right now, and it’s a lot of fun to be a part of right now,” Kopech said. “Since I’ve been here, we’ve been a winning team, and hopefully it stays that way for a long time.”Boston’s Andrew Benintendi homered in the eighth. Xander Bogaerts picked up his first career ejection after he got called out on strikes two batters later http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-corey-seager-jersey , and pitcher Rick Porcello got tossed arguing from the dugout in the bottom half even though he did not appear in the game.Kopech has been limited to 11 innings over three starts because of bad weather. He threw just two innings in his debut against Minnesota before going six strong innings in a win over Detroit on Sunday.SHAKY STARTThe way this one started, it looked as if Kopech might not get out of the first.Acquired in the deal that sent ace Chris Sale to Boston in December 2016, he hit Mookie Betts with the game’s first offering and walked Benintendi on four pitches. But Kopech worked his way out of the jam.He caught Betts off second as he broke to steal third, and then retired J.D. Martinez and Bogaerts.In the bottom half, Eovaldi hit Yolmer Sanchez leading off and gave up an RBI double to Avisail Garcia on an 0-2 count with one out. Garcia then made a neat slide tagging up on Daniel Palka’s fly to center before Moncada went the other way and drove a 1-2 fastball to the left-field bullpen.TRAINER’S ROOMRed Sox: Cora said LHP David Price (bruised left wrist) “most likely” won’t make his scheduled start next week at Atlanta. He still is sore and hasn’t thrown since he was struck on his pitching wrist by a line drive against Miami on Wednesday. … Sale (mild inflammation in pitching shoulder) threw long toss and on flat ground after playing catch the previous four days. Though the Red Sox haven’t set a return date, Cora thinks Sale will make a few starts before the playoffs. … The Red Sox plan to activate C Christian Vazquez (broken finger) prior to Saturday’s game. He has not played since July 7.UP NEXTRed Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (11-3, 3.44 ERA) makes his first start since July 14, after being sidelined by a sprained right ankle.White Sox: LHP Carlos Rodon (6-3, 2.70 ERA) is 5-0 with a 1.84 ERA over his past nine starts. OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Oakland will have to take its bubbly on the road.Kyle Gibson allowed one run over 7 1/3 innings, Jake Cave hit a two-run homer and the Minnesota Twins beat the Athletics 5-1 Sunday, preventing Oakland from clinching an AL wild-card berth in its last regular-season home game.“I think it was a little disappointing,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. “A lot of times we put on our best shows late in games Enrique Hernandez Jersey , unfortunately it didn’t happen today.”Oakland leads Tampa Bay by 7½ games and needs one win or a Rays loss to clinch its first playoff berth in four years. The A’s remained 1½ games behind the New York Yankees, who have clinched a wild-card berth, and fell 4½ games back of AL West-leading Houston.After going 50-31 for its best home record since 2013, the A’s finish with three-game series at Seattle and the Los Angeles Angels. Oakland is 60-26 since mid-June.“It would have been nice to clinch, but we weren’t changing anything up or anything like that,” A’s first baseman Matt Olson said.Gibson (9-13) gave up seven hits and three walks. Trevor May struck out Ramon Laureano with two on in the eighth and pitched around a one-out walk in the ninth for his first big league save.Minnesota finished 29-52 on the road.Oakland won two of three despite going 0 for 21 with runners in scoring position in the series, including seven at-bats Sunday.Trevor Cahill (6-4) allowed five runs — three earned — and five hits in 3 1/3 innings.Cave hit a two-run homer in the first, but Olson cut the lead in half in the second with his 28th homer.Minnesota added three runs in the fourth after Robbie Grossman singled with one out and Tyler Austin hit a potential double-play grounder to third baseman Matt Chapman, who threw the ball to the left of second baseman Chad Pinder and into right field for his 19th error.“I was worried about the catch and I didn’t pick up my target,” Chapman said. “I think I had a little more time, I might have rushed my throw because I wanted to turn the double play. It was my fault that three runs scored so it doesn’t really feel good.”Max Kepler hit an RBI single, Ehire Adrianza chased Cahill with a run-scoring double and Chris Gimenez greeted Shawn Kelley with a sacrifice fly.“For the last couple of years we’ve seen people celebrate when we’re in town,” Gibson said. “To be able to finish off the season and not have to watch anybody celebrate http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-manny-machado-jersey , kind of nice.”FAN BASEA crowd of 35,754 raised Oakland’s season total at home to 1,527,588.FRANCHISE MARKJoe Mauer was 2 for 4. His fifth-inning single was his 3,072nd time reaching base, tying Harmon Killebrew’s franchise record. Twins manager Paul Molitor said he’s been communicating regularly with Mauer about his role in this week’s six-game homestand. Mauer is contemplating retirement.“We haven’t finalized how many games he will play throughout the course of the week, and which game of this particular campaign will be his last one,” Molitor said.TRAINER’S ROOMTwins: C Mitch Garver (concussion) played catch on the field, but Molitor said it has not been determined whether he will play again this year. Garver has been out since he took a foul tip to his mask on Sept. 12. … Molitor expects to make decisions on the playing status of 3B Miguel Sano (lower left leg bruise) and 2B Logan Forsythe (left knee inflammation) on Tuesday.UP NEXTTwins: Minnesota has not announced a starting pitcher for Monday’s series opener against Detroit.Athletics: RHP Daniel Mengden (7-6, 4.00 ERA) will make his first start since June 23 in Monday’s series opener in Seattle. Mengden is 1-0 with 1.83 ERA in five relief appearances since being called up from Triple-A Nashville on Aug. 27.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

Żeby dodać komentarz, musisz założyć konto lub zalogować się

Tylko zarejestrowani użytkownicy mogą dodawać komentarze

Dodaj konto

Załóż nowe konto. To bardzo proste!

Zarejestruj nowe konto

Zaloguj się

Posiadasz już konto? Zaloguj się tutaj.

Zaloguj się teraz

• Przeglądający   0 użytkowników

Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników, przeglądających tę stronę.